The pianist reports to the Senior Pastor and works with the Praise Team Leader and Choir Director to provide music at Sunday morning worship services, special services (particularly during advent and lent), and provides accompaniment to the praise team and choir during performances and weekly rehearsals.
- Perform musical selections (i.e. prelude, meditation, offertory, postlude, etc.) as needed for the worship service.
- Play hymns and accompany praise team, choir, and any other planned music for the regular Sunday morning services, as well as services on Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter and other services as needed.
- Communicate with the Senior Pastor, Praise Team Leader and Choir Director, often by email or phone.
- Accompany Praise Team and Adult Choir rehearsals weekly.
- If unavailable, the pianist must notify the pastor, providing as much notice as possible, and assist in arranging for substitutes.
- Ability to collaborate with the Praise Team Leader, Choir Director, pastor and lay musicians
- Ability to improvise thematic and melodic background music
- Experience accompanying choral groups and soloists and performing with other instrumentalists preferred.
- Completion of background check is required for all employees.
- Proficiency in playing the organ is a plus.
- Practices are Wednesdays- 5:30 Praise Team and 7:00 Adult Choir Practice
- Weekly Worship services
- 9:30 am during the summer
- 10:00 am during the school year
- Pianist is expected to be available 30 minutes before each worship service.
- $75 per worship service, $15 per hour for Praise Team and Adult Choir rehearsals