ACTS stands for “Actively Caring Through Serving”, and this defines the women of Silver Creek Reformed Church. I Peter 4:10 states, “God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” We strive to support and minister to our own community and those near us. Some ways that we do this include:
- Collecting food and toiletries for our German Valley Food Pantry and Rockford Rescue Mission.
- Raising money to support a school/mission in Haiti.
- Making quilts and collecting money for Freeport Pregnancy Center.
- Sewing dresses for “Dresses for Africa”.
- Supplying meals for church funerals, other dinners, and helping folks at home with meals.
- There are two different monthly Bible Studies too.
- We also provide money for the library and flowers for inside and outside of church.
To become part of ACTS, contact the church office at 815-362-2129.
Prayer is a powerful tool that God has given to us, His children. Prayer brings us not only closer to our Father, but also to the ones we pray for. We have an active phone prayer chain and email prayer chain to pass along prayer requests as quickly as possible. If you have a prayer need, please contact the Church Office at 815-362-2129.
The Silver Creek ACTS Women’s Ministries sponsor a large number of service projects that benefit individuals and organizations both within and outside of the German Valley Community:
† Helping Hands is a local organization that provides service to members of our congregation and community in times of need.
† Gently used school uniform clothing is collected and donated for students in a nearby school district.
† The annual money in the baby bottle collection for the Pregnancy Center will be from Mother’s Day to Father’s Day.
† A trailer is filled with gently used goods to be taken to Jackson County Ministries in Annville, Kentucky to be stocked in their mission trade store.